Skin pigmentation is a condition wherein the skin becomes discolored, dark, or has an unusual colour tone. It is safe to say that the skin does not look healthy and more often than not, has a dull appearance.
There are multiple types of pigmentation disorders. Out of all these, melasma is probably the most common condition for which skin specialists in Pune are consulted.
In melasma, there is a dark, irregular, and brownish facial discoloration that is pretty harmless. However, it can affect a person’s physical appearance and thereby put a dent in their self-confidence.
Melasma affects the forehead, upper lip, cheeks, nose, and chin in most cases. The dark patches can be seen on both sides of the face. These patches can have different colours ranging from dark brown to grey, depending on the patient’s predisposition.
At times, similar spots can be seen on areas of the body that are exposed to the sun
- There are multiple causes for melasma. However, the pigmentation is primarily due to the overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells known as melanocytes.
- Melasma is more common among women than in men. Besides, women with a natural brown skin tone are more susceptible to this condition than those who have fair skin.
- Studies have revealed a strong relationship between Melasma and female hormones progesterone and oestrogen.
- Exposure to the sun is another common cause, and it is more common in tropical climates.
- Melasma is also pretty common during pregnancy due to folic acid deficiency
- Hyperthyroidism is another common cause of melasma.
Homeopathy Treatment for Melasma
If you are looking for homeopathic melasma treatment in Pune, you should consider booking an appointment at Peachtree Clinic.
According to homeopathy, skin pigmentation is due to an imbalance in the body. Thus, the treatment varies from patient to patient.
Homeopathy recognizes the human body as one entity made of psychological and physical components.
Homeopathic constitutional treatment has proved to be one of the most promising hyperpigmentation treatments without any side effects. Besides, homeopathic medicines are natural and safe.
Apart from minimizing pigmentation, these medicines also enhance your immune system so that hormonal imbalance and skin sensitivity are addressed.
Homeopathic treatments also keep the production of melanin in check. This improves the overall appearance and texture of the skin and also hinders the occurrence of new patches.
Bromatum, psorinum, natrum mur and Bovista, and kali bromatum are some of the most common homeopathic medicines used to treat Melasma.
How can You Prevent Melasma?
- Apply sunscreen with SPF 15 before you step out in the sun
- Carry an umbrella if it is very sunny outside
- Try to stay away from oral contraceptive pills
- Take up meditation or some type of spiritual activity to deal with stress
- Follow a balanced and a well-rounded nutritious diet
- Avoid overuse of cosmetic products
We hope this article has given you a basic understanding of Melasma. If you are looking for a skin specialist in Pune, get in touch with Peachtree Clinic today!