Psoriasis is a condition in which skin showcase red, dry, itchy and scaly patches. It is caused by an autoimmune condition in which immunity attacks your skin cells and cause inflammation. Psoriasis can either be localized or it can cover the whole-body trunk and extremities. People whose family had psoriasis are known to be prone to the condition and it can also be aggravated by environmental factors like an injury to the skin or chemicals.
Risk Factors That Could Lead to Psoriasis
- Use of medication such as beta blockers or NSAIDs
- Psychological stress
- Infections and trigger excessive immune response
- Genetic history of the disease
Psoriasis is very itchy but not contiguous as many people presume. There is no ultimate medical treatment, so people only rely on topical medication and hygiene to ensure skin remains free from infections and other kinds of irritants.
Types of Psoriasis
- Guttate Psoriasis-presents itself as small lesions on the trunk and proximal extremities
- Inverse Psoriasis, this occurs in areas where curves and depressions are like around pinna region, flexor muscles and other kinds of covered areas of the body
- Pustular-it is a severe type of psoriasis. It affects even the fingers. Lesions are big and may even form pus inside
- Erythrodermic-affects all kinds of body parts including face, trunk, and extremities so it is like a universal form of psoriasis that people are always bound to.
Signs and Symptoms
Signs and symptoms depend on the type of psoriasis you have. They present differently and on different parts of the body.
- Pustular psoriasis-characterized by raised bumps and non-infected pus
- Inverse types appear as smooth, inflamed patches of skin
All of the other types appear in this form only that they could be on different areas of the body. Skin dermatologists can always make a perfect assessment, examination, and diagnosis.
Homeopathy and Psoriasis Treatment
Homeopathy has been able to successfully treat many diseases and conditions that conventional medicine has not been able to. One such condition is Psoriasis.
As Psoriasis is not just a disease of the skin and is many times due to imbalances in the immune system local applications and ointments will not be helpful to control psoriasis. Homeopathic treatment is base on a constitutional approach, which includes the constitution, emotional factor, disposition & factors worsening the condition. Homeopathy not only aims at relieving the symptoms but treats the root cause to get rid of Psoriasis permanently.
Skincare for Psoriasis
- Protect your skin from Sun, avoid Skin care products that irritate your skin. Avoid scratching, picking your skin and skin injuries such as cuts, scrapes. Cold weather worsens the symptom.
- The most important thing which you can do is keep your skin moist. Use moisturizing creams, lotions. Use plain petroleum jelly without any cosmetic products.
- Aloe Vera has soothing properties & is the most promising agent, which is a safe and natural to apply to skin with psoriasis lesions.