Hyperacidity, also known as acid dyspepsia, acid reflux, or GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disorder) which occurs due to loss of normal pressure on the oesophageal sphincter. The human stomach contains gastric glands that secrets hydrochloric acid, which is necessary for the healthy digestion of foods. When the stomach acids regurgitate into food pipes it is called heartburn or acid reflux.
A few hours past, after eating a heavy meal, you experience a burning sensation through your mid-section; everything tastes sour, you feel uncomfortable and bloated. This feeling is an attack of hyperacidity, and it is a common problem among adults and old age.
Heartburn and Homeopathy
Homeopathy has several medicines available that can sort out the problem from its root. A homeopathy doctor makes a holistic evaluation of the patient to diagnose the root cause of the problem.
The patient’s mental makeup, emotional state, likes and dislikes, fears, sleep patterns, food preferences, and everything are considered before prescribing the treatment plan.
What Causes Heartburn?
Heartburn / GERD is generally common among emotional and anxious individuals. Acidity is also linked to stress and is more likely to affect those in challenging jobs. Other factors include:
- Spicy Food
- Irregular Meals
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive use of painkillers
How To Keep Your Stomach Healthy?
Here are a few tips to follow if you experience persistent heartburn, acidity, or an upset stomach:
- Quit smoking
- Quit alcohol
- Avoid eating oily, spicy foods, fast foods, and junk foods.
- Add more citrus fruits and raw vegetables to your daily diet.
- Go to bed at least 2 hours after taking dinner.
- Drink 2-3 liters of water daily
- Avoid late night sleep / late-night TV watching
- Practice exercise & yoga regularly
- Do meditation regularly to manage your stress
- Keep a positive attitude towards life
- Avoid taking painkillers unnecessarily
- Avoid drinking excess tea or coffee.
If you are suffering from heartburn followed by nausea, vomiting, or constipation you can contact our expert homeopathy doctor at Peachtree clinic in Pune.